Saturday, September 22, 2007

Destiny's Plea



and what if I needed you, my love
to be strong if I wavered inside
unsure of these steps, shaky at best
would you wrap your strong arms around me,
assuring us all would be well
that together, we'd make it, somehow
telling me you understood my heartache
my issues with trust,
my history with you ...

are you ready to face this reality
blow past misunderstandings, misspoken words
can we rise above the furor besides
that threatens with menacing eyes,
can we try once again
to soar higher,
confident of one thing and that's us,
regardless ...

we now hold this flicker of flame, so tender
seeking to know the wonder,
struggling to face life's uncertainties
tainted, without a doubt
yet willing to explore
bust open that door,
we've both run to and previously paused ...

watching our wishes glide on a feather
almost beyond our reach
but not completely,
take my hand
hold my heart,
be the man I know and desire
I'll be the woman your dreams speak of,
and together we'll flow
where we need to be
we'll take our time,
grateful for destiny’s plea ...

(9.18.07 by: ajs)

No comments: