Thursday, May 15, 2008

Definitions



don't you dare speak to me with those words
those words that say
we're quite familiar
in that intimate sway lovers share,
you don't know me
like that.
it's only blatant desire
unscathed
untested
relentless.

and yet, you pursue me with words
wrapped around the heat of a throbbing intention,
words won't hold me
when the nights stretch
and sleep runs with the last lie behind her skirt
as she swaggers in
with that condescending eye
reminding you one too many times
how you're not quite the man you could have been
and it's all your fault
is this what you call love?
never!

I don't think you've met love
as that, to me is nothing more
than the grinding of testicles
by fema-nazi shoes,
blood red stiletto heels
splatter across the wall any vestige left
of some dangling hope,
talk to me and tell me truth
make me see,
but never dribble those useless words,
show me now and make me feel
the need of you ...

( by: ajs.05/15/2008)

3 comments:

Paterika Hengreaves said...

I enjoy reading this poem. I like the method you use to define love. You have move away from didactic approach commonly found in poetic themes defining the concept of love. The imagery is engaging to the reader or listener tuned into the serious conversation between two persons. Morality is at the core of the discussion where a no nonsense approach is used by the protagonist to denounce the unsavoury approach to love as used by the antagonist. Hence, the opening lines in this regard are profound. The tone of the reproach is forceful, elevated without the need to evoke the "kitchen sink" approach to the discourse contrasting the meaning of true love and lust. In an effort to insure that there is a clear understanding between the two opposing forces at play in the poem, an invitation to demonstrate true love is proffered in the closing lines of this delightful poem so eloquently crafted in an interesting and engaging manner with familiar images drawn.

Paterika Hengreaves said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paradisefor2 said...

thank you, my dear friend....

I sincerely appreciate you and your time.

This one was inspired by a recent painful episode in my personal life.

alisa ;_0