Thursday, January 24, 2008

Memories


I remember you
With your mega-watt smile that could light up the skies
without even trying
A body that would make even Adonis run and hide
Charisma that exuded from every pore
How could I blame others for being drawn so eagerly
No one could resist your charms and out right sexy ways

Your blue eyes taunted like an angry sea on a winter's day
Your hair, the color of the golden sun,
One look from you is all it took
You were the ultimate
My everything,
At least that's what I thought at first
And struggled to believe ...

How could I have known of your dark side?
I wish I knew somehow what I didn't know then
I would have run
Broke your gaze
But like a fool, I stayed
Seven years too long,
Much to my own chagrin
I must now confess ...

I wonder how we would have ended up
Had I stayed
If things were different
If you were for real
and meant what you said...

Questions without answers
Answers without asking
Thanks for the memories,
I think ....

(1.24.08)

No comments: