Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Dream State



and then the pin dropped
swayed and rolled out of sight
to where, one can only guess
if one was so inclined
or even cared to bother,
penetrating beneath the veneer
of your suffocating smile
on those days you chose to try
even a little bit.
those days came around less and lesser?
there were times in our lives when the sun bowed down
and breathed a kiss of such incredible loveliness
I was certain we were deep inside a dream,
love was our world
and we had everything.
or so I believed
I so desperately believed
I wanted to believe,
before I
opened
these sleepy eyes...

(10.8.08.ajs)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posted by George Hoerner on 10/09/08 at 04:08 PM
I believe many of us keep out eyes closed and our fingers crossed throughout our lives. We hope the dream will be held in place forever. Nice write m'lady.

Paradisefor2 said...

Thanks, George...

Anonymous said...

Posted by Tony Whitaker on 10/09/08 at 09:57 PM
"Count the stars in the summer sky that fall without a sound." I think of this lyric when I read this for the third time. Love stinks and "wraps around my heart refusing to unwind".

Paradisefor2 said...

Thanks.. Tony..