Monday, October 20, 2008

Willing



I am still willing if you are able
to be.
this is altogether obvious
yet,
why tread so lightly around these emotional epiphanies
I haven't a clue
which brings me back to years long past
and I may have to admit
and analyze
why I continue this springtime addiction,
the world was so much younger then
our innocence gleaned from those romantic dreams
of endless possibilities
uncharted realms
that together we would conquer,
oh! love was the answer
alone.
if we only had love, nothing was impossible
our fresh and guileless minds knew of nothing asunder
we walked, hand in heart toward our promising horizon
waiting.
gleaming,
calling to us
with melodies sweet from the soul
such tender harmonies
angels cried.
I was once willing, wasn't I?

(ajs.10.16.08)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posted by Melanie Arnold on 10/16/08 at 03:26 PM
Like I have said before,I like the way you use questions within your poems.I especially like it here at the end....it conveys to me the message that "I was willing wasn't I ,so why can't you too, be willing....willing to take a chance.Nice work,Alisa.

Paradisefor2 said...

Thank you, Melanie... I do appreciate you and your time.. alisa

Anonymous said...

Posted by Gabriel Ricard on 10/16/08 at 10:40 PM
Interesting point at the end. You lay them out so well.

Paradisefor2 said...

Thanks.. Gabriel.... ;-)

cdkiwi said...

Loved it, spring time addiction, lalalalala i think i have this illness :)

Paradisefor2 said...

Thank you for your comments... I can sooooooo relate...

lol

alisa