Friday, June 22, 2007

The Corner



I stare at this screen for hours sometimes
Wondering to myself
Asking my lonesome

‘Could I ever get the nerve to get on that plane?’
‘Do I still have what it takes to put your mind at ease
or maybe not at ease
but affect you in some other way….

And I run back to what I know
Numbers don’t lie
Ink doesn’t tear off one’s clothes as they run out of space
On the page in my mind
And I’m back to where I began

Staring at this screen for hours on end
Gone to some place to hide
Screaming inside as it’s all I can do
To maintain some degree of sanity’s breath
Whatever that means

Or will I continue to write about anything but
The truth of my heart and wretched soul
How I’ve longed for so long
Yet not moved a step
Towards that which I’m certain
Ok, maybe not certain
But hopefully
Waits around that corner….

by: ajs
6.21.07

No comments: