Friday, July 11, 2008

Musings



I have run with you in my mind
center field,
at the fifty yard line
we're back again
exhausted,
satisfied.
with you, I could ...

we both felt it and know
yet dance around the obvious,
sashay behind the oblivious
share all the passion lovers do
yet, still we sit and wonder

as the leaves turn from green to yearn
without the after burn,
and the candle's wax has left the room
for a second chance in some other realm
explore those parameters
push against boundaries
jump in, this view
won't you?

(ajs.7.11.08)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the football references in this one, it's about me isn't it? lol. It's been a long time since you wrote one about me dammitt...jk..this had a fun and sexy feel to it ;)

Posted by Robin on Jul 14, 2008 1:13 PM

Anonymous said...

it's never easy to just be there is it?

Posted by Soulwalker on Jul 16, 2008 7:59 AM

Paradisefor2 said...

never!

Anonymous said...

Posted by David Ruppert on 07/23/08 at 09:56 PM
Your words express thoughts, feelings to which I'm sure most can surely relate. Such a beautiful poem, one filled with such yearning, love and desire. Another masterpiece, brilliant as always. Love David

Paradisefor2 said...

Thank you, David...