Sunday, November 13, 2005

Your Dream




If I bring to you, that which you've been seeking
Your whole life, the elusive elixir that contains your
dream, how would we be received?
Me and the answer, the one you have seen, your reverie
The one that still haunts you, yet continue to believe
The one that screams through your soul ...

Many have traveled this road of expectation
searching in vain for that portal,
Others have come with an image of love
But images fade in the dust, and
Rubbish in light reveals only trash ...

Secret whispers filled with malicious intent
Belie the messages sent
Whenever seen by the eyes of true love,
Nefarious souls clothed in garments of filth
Parade around you
as if they're pure virgin silk,
Out from the shadows they slink, and peer
From the dark side with feeble attempts
to capture the essence of the dream,
And make it their own to include them and you
But imposters haven't a clue,
Of anything that is genuine, of anything that is real
How could they live in world they can't feel?

As hearts, they have none
For brains, that space is void
As to compassion and care
Those terms are foreign,
Only worn as a cloak when attempting your love ...

My love for you is steady and true
Eternal flame I carry,
I have elixir and you have the key
Are you ready to experience, at long last
Your dream, now
With me?

by:ajs

2 comments:

T Owen Stark said...

Hi Alisa,
Just wanted you to know I have been viewing your Blog...I think I've pretty much reviewed the poems. Kind of neat to have your own little site that you can fool around and tool around with...take care..Tom

T Owen Stark said...

Just wanted you to know that I have checked out your blog...cool. Nice to have a site of our own to tool and fool around with. I think I've reviewed all of these on poetry.com...good stuff. Take care...Tom