Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sightless Love


To see you not with eyes of flesh
but rather with the soul,
Is the way I saw you first
As you came to me one breezy eve
and softly caressed these heartstrings,
Effortlessly, yet so profound
I had to catch my breath,
As this epitome of my dream somehow, suddenly
Around, in the middle of my deep blue sea
You came to me ...

Although I could not see you with eyes of flesh
I felt your love, so tender,
Energy chills blazed by heaven's sighs
I'm sure I heard, but more than that
Sure felt your exhilaration wild,
Enchantments from your soul, set free
and rushed straight through that screen,
How they filled the air with your masculine flair,
Seductively sweet yet, not completely innocent...

Real love is from the inside out
Finds a heart and blossoms there,
When lust tries from the outside in
The way most define love, by that superficial skin,
There can never be any real reprieve ...

The body's a servant to the soul
Bound to do it's bidding, when told
But when real love lives within the midst
Fueled by passion's fire,
The angels cry and stars bow, low
As you soar past skies, empyreal
At that magical time only shared by two,
Forever true,
When making awesome love ...


by: alisajs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Body's a servant to the soul--- loved that line right there, and it is so true, the soul can be so beautiful for sure, this was a beautiful poem with a bit of everything, all that's on the inside indeed, this makes for some awesome love through and through... p.s. "there can (be) never be any real reprieve" --take out (be)... other than that This is something I'd like to see in a library somewhere someday, smooth flow and very reader effective, awesome done!!

Anonymous said...

This was very romantic :) loved this line:
"The body is a servant to the soul
Bound to do it's bidding" , I wonder if that is feasibly true, you certainly make it seem possible on paper, but what if they have really stinky feet..lol, ...I dunno not quite sold on that one, but the Poem is to die for :)


... AmunetsApple

Anonymous said...

You've expressed yourself so well here. I agree...so true your words are...When you meet through a soul connection instead of a physical connection , this is a diffferent kind of love...Perhaps somewhere within the anonymity of the computer or the telephone, we feel safer to share our truest selves. In person, we may get distracted by fear or self consciousness, or lust! THis one sure made me think! lol! Great writing again!

...violetcove