Monday, January 16, 2006

Us



Having gazed upon the sunrise with expectant eyes
Soaring too close to the fire at times,
Tasted glory once or twice, elated
Suffered sadness and disappointment, seasons of blue,
Stumbled and faltered, more than a few
Struck down, wounded in those valleys of rain,
Where I found myself praying, for that certain release,
One thing I know and this I believe,
Together is better than alone ...

In this mixed up world where up is down
Where craziness and subterfuge, a fact of life,
For me, to have you by my side
Makes it all worthwhile ...

We can give each other strength
With hearts turned toward the future,
Knowing our love is constant and true
You for me and me for you,
Souls knit together in endless love
Bound for all eternity,
Let us join our lives in this fascinating quest
To find that fulfillment
In us ...

by: ajs

No comments: