Thursday, August 21, 2008

Intermission



For a brief interlude we managed
To canopy the sunshine, pull on the splendor
Laughing all the while,
Slide across the undertaking
Peering beside your smile
Time stopped and it mattered not…

The siren of recycled impossibilities reached inside
And poured out from a vial,
Tenderly, yet spitefully
Spectacular flowing red,
Caught up in the glow
You stumbled and I wondered why.
The red had me transfixed
I could not turn away,
Beating profusely from the center
My spine jumped
Remembering,
What were those drops of red?
Little sparks, brand new parts
Blending around this rising mound

We pushed again toward the spotlight
Pressed through silent tears and creeping fears
Ascending our perimeter,
Threatening to capsize
Waiting to overthrow everything,
And reveal a great conceal
Under the contents of this smudge …

(ajs.8.21.08)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posted by Olivia Martin on 08/21/08 at 04:28 PM
Your piece is very intriguing, Alisa. I think the most dominate features of this piece were the outstanding verses of personification..."canopying the sunshine," sticks with me even now. Great write!

Paradisefor2 said...

Thank you, Olivia...

Anonymous said...

Posted by George Hoerner on 08/21/08 at 05:26 PM
Nicely done Alisa. Just amazing what closeness can do to our senses.

Paradisefor2 said...

I agree, George... thank you...

cdkiwi said...

Took me to a place long ago when i lost my virginity. I read re read and read again and i kept getting the same imagage of my first love, first moments of mutual pleasure. I just dont know if i have it right in the context of the poem or im leading myself down the wrong emotional path.

Paradisefor2 said...

wow, Craig.. I am touched.. thank you for sharing..

alisa