Monday, August 11, 2008

Wants, Not Needs



what I want to say is something completely dissimilar
more than you're willing to hear
your willing to receive
what I'm ready to give,
and yet, this place we find ourselves
is no different than some bazillion times before
this day,
this moment
this space ...

it's so astounding to finally meet another
who gets me,
this rare synergy
full of anything conceivable
walking in wonder was my reality
every time we met
every time we connected
and yet, it was me who hesitated
too long,
pulled back
stepped down
and slithered away like the fool I can be
ran to the corner where I thought I was safe
believed I could wait
and wait, I did
to my own chagrin

as I stand here, alone
my choice
my choosing
writing these words, great swelling words
full of melodramatics,
safe in the arms of my shadow
unscathed,
away from all remnants of misdirected blame,
at least that's what I tell myself
that's what I try to believe …

(8.11.08/ajs)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got news for you...its not safe in the corner or in the arms of your shadow. safe is an illusion we cloak ourselves with to avoid all sorts of things...good and bad. The illusion of Safe is what keeps us stagnant and what keeps us from living fully. Unscathed? I think not. When its all said and done I think I'd rather be scathed a bit and have lived fully and passionately than "safe" and unscathed. I love what your poem did to me. ;^)

Posted by Tara on Aug 13, 2008 3:28 PM

Allmax said...

This poem has a life of its own. Reading it was like taking a hot steamy bath, while relaxing in the heat of the water I close my eyes to picture you hesitating to get in because you know it will feel good to relax and be comforted. The temptation is great but reality and past events have taught you to good usually comes with the bad...It is not always so...

Paradisefor2 said...

Thank you, Allen for your most perceptive comments...

alisa ;-)

Paradisefor2 said...

Thanks Tara...

Great minds think alike, what can I say?


lol

I agree with you, 10000% by the way.

(((( hugs ))))

alisa ;-)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, after reading this I get the feeling I need to get up on my horse, hold my head high and gallop full force sword drawn screaming with all the gusto in my soul.

Posted by Soulwalker on Aug 14, 2008 5:11 AM

Paradisefor2 said...

You go, girlfriend...

Ride FREE!!!!!!


alisa