Monday, November 13, 2006

Mirage of the Mind



Being with you allowed me to believe romance could be,
If only from a distance,
Yet within each capsule of time and emotion
Breathed a yearning for more,
But why did you keep that away from me?
Always at arm's length and plainly in view
I would salivate as those promises stacked up so deliciously,
Each one on top of the other, just so
and yet I could never reach,
I could never get close, any closer than this ...

In fact now, as I sit here and reminisce
I am convinced of only one thing,
Which explains everything,
We must have stumbled onto a mirage,
A mirage of the mind in that alternate world
and for a while we were consumed with that love,
Peeking out, so demure ~ but from one heart, not two
Streams of blue, look how this flows!
Into nothing more than a sieve,
A scene in a dream or was that real?

Maybe we never had a chance
If it's all about reception
and we could never get close,
The string does unravel
and lead to a note,
Words under a tongue
Hiding still ...


by: alisajs
11.13.06

No comments: