Sunday, October 02, 2005

Fractured Love

Sailing through horizon's edge and dancing
With the cool summer's eve,
You came to me full of wonder and endless curiousity,
You sparked a certain flame inside, this fascinated soul of mine,
And for a time we were enchanted
With possibilities of each other and for each other,
I walked around then, in smiles and that certain glow
That signaled to others, I was close to the promise
Of something quite spectacular I perceived,
So long it had been, for me to even think
I could believe again, to ever dream again
To be again, someone with you ...

Unbeknownst to me at the time, and only to you alone
There was a insidious fracture that I could not see,
Blinded by the light of your dazzling smile and extraordinary good taste
Didn't see for a second, the disconnect just there,
To snap back the reality of what I once knew, this overwhelming power of love
from you, somewhere in the atmosphere from beginning to end
Was this line that had started to fray,
Others had no clue and ran headlong into your orbit,
Gliding along with reckless abandonment, so free,
Reign in their passions, never, not caring or seeing
The strain that it did place on you ...

My wonder of wonders, my dream did come true
Yet there was another, right along side
So quietly listening, and sometimes would say
Just a few words to get my attention,
'What happened to us, the magic we shared, where did that elixir vanish to?'
The fracture loomed larger, now wanting you back
And slowly but surely came through...

Those nights on my pillow, heavy hands on my bed,
Wondering what happened to this new found paradise?
Not knowing the fracture would raise it's ugly head
Just waiting and snarling to declare us both dead.
Of anymore magic, of any further light, not satisfied until
one of us said, 'No longer can I do this, no more can I take,'
This fractured romance never had a ghost of a chance...


by:ajs

No comments: