Monday, October 10, 2005

One Taste




Tho' this body be beaten into submission
And all that remains is but a shadow of it's former glory,
Once standing radiant in the blazing sun of passion's flare
Never again to gaze upon the promise
So eagerly anticipated since time began,
In the destined dayspring of our foretold encounter
on that certain enchanted eve,
Forever to be etched in that great hall of hauntings
A tribute to the desire our souls did indeed partake,
And if, but for a solitary moment in time
We were allowed to celebrate the ecstasy of true love,
Then, I have no further requests ...

That memory alone, I will treasure and hold to my heart
above all the rest,
Priceless to this soul for all eternity
Remembering I did once taste the elixir and soared,
Bathed in shimmering rapture as together
we reached that magical place,
The one where soul mates dare to dwell ...

On days when the ebb is low
And I hear those familiar footsteps at the door,
I will pass into eternity with the knowledge
that in this lifetime,
I have sampled that which in eternity past
Remained as yet a dream ...

by:ajs

No comments: