Thursday, October 20, 2005

Magic Moonbeams



Like a spinning top you were here
And set my soul on fire,
And like that top, you spun around
To capture my every desire,
And we were so happy, you and I
For hours wrapped up completely in our love,
No one else but you and me
No one else would ever dare,
Oh! how I thanked my lucky stars above ...

Amazed at how each puzzle piece, they seemed
to fit exactly right,
The universe cheered
Jealous eyes would leer,
It didn't matter then, you were with me
And all was right with the world ...

Or so I thought at the time
For unbeknownst to this one,
There were others there
In the shadows,
In the shadows of your mind ...

You spoke with them and conversed with them
And called them each by name,
It never occurred to me
To this trusting heart, you see
They all lived there with you,
Right inside your mind ...

And I fell, hook, line and sinker
Blazed right through all my defenses,
Believing you were the 'one'
Yet, how could that possibly be
When in all reality,
You had no idea yourself
If I was real or merely another dream,
Or maybe another of those many voices
Who lived there in your head,
Who came to visit from time to time
Whenever you would take a evening stroll,
Outside the midnight hour
Upon those magic moonbeams ...
by:ajs

No comments: