Friday, October 21, 2005

I Promise, I Do


Is love found only in the big splash
In the beginning where fireworks abound?
When just the thought of the other
Is enough to send you reeling?
Or is love in that quiet adoration
That spans through decades,
And quietly waits for the signal,
To begin one's life long admiration
of sharing forever with you?

Why does it seem you can't have them both
The fireworks, the sparkle, the passion?
Where does the desire go
When love stretches out for season after season?
The quiet flames in the evening glow
Silently stroll past yesterday's flare,
Secure in their love, one for another
But tell me, where is the flash?
The one that stopped you dead in your tracks?
At the very mention of her name
Why does it cool to a faint embers glow
As you slowly wait for eternity to take?
Give me the fireworks! Give me the flame!
Let me show you how to have both,
We'll sail for nirvana
On our erotic love boat,
Secure in each other
While having a blast!
I'll be there forever, commit till the end
Be there on dark days with clouds overhead,
I'll love you always,
Be your best friend
But let's keep the passion
Nuclear ...

Let's keep the fire too hot to handle
Let's keep the ecstasy
Till the world stops and then,
We'll pass into forever
With this knowledge and truth
You can have them both
I promise, I do ...
by:ajs

No comments: