Sunday, October 23, 2005

Magic Moon


To everyone seeking a perfect love
As we lay sprawled with passions spent
Tiny moon beams dancing across our feet
Stars twinkling a melody like chimes
hanging on a rainbows silken thread
I feel your breath upon my chest
As you drift into sweet slumber dreaming, I hope of me
This was not a lustful night, like so many others before, I've lost count
You captured me with your soulful eyes
I will not leave here like before, after a respectful time
I will be here in the morn with coffee and a rose by your side
I will waken you with gentle kisses, as the moon beams scatter back home
Pledging my troth as never before have I felt this melting of my heart
No master plan, no blue prints, no suit and tie for this meeting
You are yourself unique. No changing, erasing, restructuring
You are the essence of my perfection. The ebb and flow of life
so clear to me now. I have been ebbing, you flowing
But now we will flow together like streams meeting for the first and last time
Wake my love and listen to my confession of obsession with life's shallow pleasures
That will never again touch me, or enter our wondrous lives.
Wake up my love.

Love poem 1983.. written by april Gaffney

No comments: