Monday, October 30, 2006

Another Dream



'Another dream,' he mentioned and I thought about those words
'Another dream,' and I realized that part of me had somehow slipped away,
Slipped away but not forgotten, for dreams do give us hope
Without a dream we cease to live
And our world begins to fade,
Into those awful shades of black and white
and we can no longer see those stunning possibilities,
Still lingering there, on the canvas of our minds ...

I have seen those without a dream
As they trudge back and forth, sans any smiles
Forgotten faces void of joy and shrouded now
Under angry clouds of doubt,
Lost to fear, once their dreams slid
and left, stage exit right,
Don't know why they lost their way
And I wonder if they remembered, now ...

'Another dream,' he mentioned and I thought about those words
'Another dream,' and I realized
There is a dream that lives in me,
I just needed to see the best is yet to be ...

by:alisajs(9.21.06)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're exactly right, there's always a greater dream than the next dream out there, it's all about accepting these dreams as well... easy flow of verse in this poem here, in which were triggered by some words (winkwink) awesome done, and an honor to be reminding

...Vroom

Anonymous said...

Good piece you have penned here..Good strong construction and flow of words and thoughts.Good imagery...A title that draws the reader in,great job with that.Very nice job....Pat

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, awesome, descriptive. Very moving and touching. There is a difference between dreams and fantasies. Dreams can come true and alive, otherwise you are just fantasizing. Way to go! Keep it up!!!

...Poetic_Hero_34

Anonymous said...

Great poem. If we have dream that we are still alive. Dream is a energy of future in present time. Thank you for sharing. Nadia

... S198

Anonymous said...

2400 hundred miles to a poet and back/
The wwole dang thing was a bad dream,
I am home and that is good!
Love ya and thanks!
LOVE ~ SUNDAY!
$ $ $ $ $ $ $

Anonymous said...

I find it amazing at what inspires us.
This is awesome and I loved it.
another dream and another poem.
great going here. M J M .

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done, Alisa...another soul searching poem which arrives at a very hopeful answer...we keep our dreams alive for us, for what they do for us, not necessarily for another! I really like the first and last stanzas....the last one complements the first one so nicely.

...violetcove

Anonymous said...

Ok..I've gotta go back and try my Lucid dream thing...I gave up too quickly. This is very cool and you have penned these thoughts about dreams very clearly and in a subtly effective way. t
... towenstark

Anonymous said...

this is quite an emotional piece. it's one i can relate to on so many levels. these words speak such volumes. really makes one stop and think. we all have dreams..just sometimes we forget about them. masterfully crafted write. Love David