Monday, October 23, 2006

You




This love I speak of
Knows no deceit,
Never plays with a heartbeat
Trusting...

Heard the sound of a male voice
While waiting for a friend and watched
As she turned toward his face and smiled,
He reached out with both hands and slowly caressed...
I had to turn away
For I knew what came next,
I remember when a voice who sounded like that voice
Was you,
Misty memories peeked 'round
Fleeting shadows and danced in my mind
Of another time, when there were only two ...

'I love you', he said as held her
So incredibly close while meeting her gaze with a kiss,
How I could feel their desire!
Flash there in broad daylight
As I stumbled away in my tears ...

7 comments:

Vroom said...

Unconditional and the right place my friend, I loved the first 4 lines for they well started the poem with an onward look into the sound of hearing someone say I love you yet another pleasure in reading your fine work Alisa, awesome done!! ~Vroom

Anonymous said...

What surrounds the word "you" is "I love" 1 work then made into 3 words, "I love you", means most to lovers with a real view and voice on everything that is held strong, awesome done once again my friend, hopeful romantics eh?

Anonymous said...

Muncho better and so much more inticing in it's vulnerabilties...we've all been here..
when words or smells or voices drift into our soul and leave us desperate from a memory still fresh..still painful...very cool A...Thanks!

...pjm

Anonymous said...

Oh how I can relate to this one, Alisa...Just the other day I saw a grandpa with a little toddler playing together in the park and I had to turn away...it made me miss my dad so damn much. And now as I am writing this, "Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd is playing and I am a mess! Great writing here, you've touched me so with this one~ tara

Anonymous said...

Errie how something such as a voice can trigger old thought to be forgotten memories. this was quite a captivating piece. drawing the reader into this emotional whirlwind portrayed by these maticulously chosen words. you certainly had my attention from the very word you penned. it's quite saddening to see a woman crying. *HUGS*. Love David

Anonymous said...

it's amazing what things can trigger memories especially if they were in other places and especially if they were good memories whose actions have long passed...you captured that well in this poem and it was done artistically and emotionally at the same time...great imagery...a pleasure overall to read...take care:))luke6

Anonymous said...

I hope I am first!
This is a very romatic piece!
You do very nice job
Seems to me that your spirits are up today!
hugs to you!
LOVE ~ SUNDAY!
=^..^=