Saturday, October 21, 2006

I Lost ...



There are these tears of great sadness welled up in my soul
Guess I believed in the dream,
But more than a dream, it was real to my heart
Real to my world like red jello,
And the sound of birds singing
In the dawn's first splash of sunlight,
They have nowhere to go, these tears ...
No one to share this pain that continues,
Somehow I missed the real meaning, if any
Lost the sound of your voice in the midst of that whirlwind,
Maybe I never heard at all ...

In times of recent upheaval with nowhere to go
I sat here alone and perplexed,
Stunned by the fact that nobody called
Nobody, that was you,
Strangers with weak smiles plastered across
Their nervous and sad faces, managed a feeble hello,
As they made their way past, searching for reasons, too
My phone lay there distant and tired,
Unlike my heart that kept pounding inside my skin
Next to nothing that mattered, except you,
But you were nowhere around, not to be found
And like a fool, I kept waiting!
Anticipating that call that would never come,
The questions that would never be asked ...

Because somewhere along the way
I lost the sound of your voice in the midst of the whirlwind,
Maybe I never heard you, at all ...

by: alisajs

No comments: