Friday, October 06, 2006

Only Words



If all I have left are these words
I will gather them close and tenderly remember,
When they were alive on your tongue
and lived and breathed inside our dream,
Excitement punched the air around us
Screaming with delight as we sailed far beyond twilight,
Surrounded by enticement and promises yet seen
and I just knew we'd be together, forever
I began planning my days all around you,
Nothing else mattered and no one else dared,
So perfect we were, heaven unearthed
All my dreams at long last had come true,
I lived in a state of perpetual ecstasy
My life was complete,
I had you ...

Then suddenly, ripped from my world
Without warning, I found myself alone
and in my head, lingering still
Were these words of great romance waiting to be shared,
Now, they just sit there and stare into space
Vowels dropping and consonants slipping
Fell to the floor, stunned
And that's where I found them, today ...

If all I have left are only words
I will gather them close and tenderly remember ...

by:ajs

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture goes so well with your words...the visual enhancements really do add to the overall experience. Love it!
Tara

Paradisefor2 said...

Thank you again, Tara for your time and touching comments...

Lately, when I need to think.. I come here and work on my blog...

Quite a great stress reliever, at least for me, as I am also accomplishing something at the same time I am resting, mentally... guess I'm just kinda weird that way...lol..

Sending you and your family much aloha from Paradise..;-0

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful and I love the way the poem came full circle. It flowed well and created a wonderful image. Very well written my friend xx.
...inkjet45

Anonymous said...

I am honored to be the first to give you kudos for this one. This is well penned and a keeper. The images are great and I could actually see you gathering the words. This one is great! Thank you for sharing the loss, hurt and pain of this piece. Blessings! B L Fitzgerald

Anonymous said...

This is very well written. I like the "vowels and consonants slipping....that's where I found them today..." I thought a powerful ending might be to incorporate your title into the last line. just a suggestion. This poem has the sound of a ...violetcove

Anonymous said...

This poem reminds O f the kiss I blew
acrose the ocean for you!
HEE HEE! Did ya find it yet?
If not I will send another.
I always find you doing nice poem!
Hugs from snuggle up because it is
cold in Michigan!
LOVE ~ SUNDAY!

Anonymous said...

you have written an extrodinary verse of vivid pain

punctuated between the

'Vowels dropping and the consonants slipping...'

i thought i caught a glimps of hope


... tsvi akiva

Paradisefor2 said...

thank you.. kind one.. aloha.

Anonymous said...

Review:
there's only one word I would drop...'only' in the next to last line...and fix the typo with 'Screaming', and you've got a great piece here. You have the gift of getting a great idea for a poem and taking it to it's absolute limits, this wonderful trip that captures the reader in it's grip. Like a walk down the yellow-brick road, we love the ride. t

Anonymous said...

This poem is full of heart felt emotions. The persona has written the most romantic letter which no doubt will capture or recapture the heart of her muse. Great imagery, lovely soft flowing cadence, and what an ending to a fantastic write. The reading brought much pleasure. Thank you for sharing your artistry so well.
... Paterika