Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Poets in Red



Read the great works and fall in love
How the words penned by those poets in red
Do sing to us from parchment down through the ages
Melodies lifted and sway,
Caress every heartstring and blow kisses through our souls
With each whispering wind,
And we fall in love all over again ...

Captivated completely by words on a page
Timeless and eternal,
How they bleed into our hearts and there they remain
Our lives forever changed,
By the beauty observed and the wonder shared
Gently we're taken there, touched profoundly by their pain,
Haunted by memories that choose to linger within
As we remember every word said
and for that moment shared,
Are able to fully comprehend
The meaning of the message there,
By those poets in red ...

by :ajs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In this very well written poem, the persona gives a VIP treatment to poets both past and present who have embraced the philosophy of romanticism in their poetry by laying before them a red carpet.

From the many romantic poems you have written, my dear, and which I have had the distinct pleasure of reading, I’d say you did not pour new wine in old wine skins, but only the essence from the works of classic romantic poets and infused it very well in your artistry as a modernist romantic poet. So this tribute poem is admirable coming from you and I tip my hat off to you for putting out a wonderful write. The tone and passion of the poem is sincere and rhythmically beautiful pouring forth from a powerful imagery. I’m glad I read it. Arohanui, Patricia

Paradisefor2 said...

I thank you, again, my friend.. for your wonderful words of support...

They do touch my soul...

Sending you and yours much aloha from out here in the blue Pacific...;-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful poem and the title really says it all my friend. Red captivates and yet taken in the wrong context can cause irrepperable harm to one. Red being associated with both love and hate gives it such a wide variety of meanings indeed. You being a master in romanticism with words....this means so very much to my soul...

Paradisefor2 said...

thank you for your kind comments... I am encouraged you enjoy my work.. aloha..;-