Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Slice of Paradise


You've brought to my life, splashes of true happiness
When we ran to the edge of those misunderstood precepts,
and lingered there for a time beyond time,
Each key you presented burst forth from the darkness
Relieved at long last, back in marvelous light,
We marveled at their radiance, bathed in prism's glow
Smashed every false pretense writhing in confusion,
Joyously, we kicked them away ...

My life is sweeter now, thanks to you
You taught me to feel with my soul,
To break free from old shackles
Put an end to sick contradictions
And learn how to breathe and just be,
With eyes of tendernes, you led me
With arms of compassion, you held me so close,
When my steps were mistaken, you stood right beside me
and together, we found our way,
Through those dark days of thunder
and whirlwinds of winter
When confusion and doubt tried to drown me,
When my world was dark and miserably silent
Your heart flame was steady and showed me the way,
You taught me to listen and believe
Gave me a slice of sweet paradise,
To cherish and hold onto
A gift of eternity, just for me ...

When those fears come calling
As they sometimes do,
When doubt tries to play tricks with my mind,
I remember that slice of paradise you gave
and think of those splashes of happiness,
My life is forever changed, because of you
Sweetness of your essence, you've shared
The wonder of your love comforts me so,
and my heart now has treasures
Gifts eternal, from your beautiful soul ...



by:ajs

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this priceless gift, a slice of paradise, magnificently carved in sweet flowing verses. I'm lost for words now but this I can truly say:

Of all the friends on the web, I have ever met
You are the one I won't forget
This I know for sure
When the Caribbean Sea meets the Pacific Ocean's door
We'll share our silvery and golden sands
Two forever poets and friends, from distant lands
Holding "A slice of Paradise" in our hands.

Arohanui Paterika

Paradisefor2 said...

There are never any coincidences in life, as I believe in destiny, completely....

God is in the miracle business and why shouldn't that extend to friendships as well? As God is a Spirit, and us, too... I believe some of the strongest friendships are those founded in spirit...

aloha to you, my friend...;-)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see this in a book sometime soon, it's magical and yet so longing for that soul once again, it had a very distinguished and remarkable flow that felt good when reading, and I'm sure it felt good when you wrote it too, once finished you reread and said "wow" this is an eternal gift, you have a gift with your quill my poet friend, awesome done!!

...Vroom

Anonymous said...

Okay..I'll overlook the rainbows and kaleidiscope skies...but only cause you used them in a real and impactful way...but move on now okay..LOL. Very emotional outside that signature Alisa...it walks in sincerity and that's not an easy thing to capture.., at least for most...smiles!
...pjm

Anonymous said...

such a loving manifistation
of love appreciated


there seems no heaviness here of any kind
not deep dwelling in the places hard t get to
& hard t describe
but a pourin out of true relief
for somethin givin
& nevwer taken away
somethin that could never be lost

simpley put

this is a beautiful poetry of tranquility
& inner peace
that overcomes all else

i have found great pleasure in reading this poetry

your talent never lies
... tsvi akiva

Anonymous said...

GOOD<
PAIR OF DICE MUST BE NICE!
All six pacs you can have.
All I want is six beers !! HE HE!
You did up another pretty poem!
Thanks so much to share in
The pretty froozon waste lands
Where I live!
LOVE ~ SUNDAY!